In recent times, Internet marketing has developed a reputation for being difficult to implement, unreliable and expensive. However, the reality is that the opposite is actually true.
To explain effective online marketing, we have broken it down into 3 simple but effective stages and none of them need to be difficult or expensive.
- Getting qualified traffic to your site
- Get your prospects to perform an action
- Get them to return
Getting qualified traffic to your site.
Site traffic, or the amount of people that visit your site on a daily basis, can be one of the most important indicators of site success. The more unique visitors that interact with your site, the greater the likelihood there is of them developing a relationship with your business.
To increase the amount of site traffic your website is experiencing, you may like to consider utilising one or a combination of the following techniques:
Search Engine Marketing
Banner ads are one of the most dominant forms of advertising online, and love them or hate them, they have gained widespread acceptance within the Internet community.
Success for this media, was initially judged on the basis of click-through rates (CTR), and although click-through rates have gone down consistently since the birth of the Internet. It is still possible to achieve a click-through rate many times the industry average by combining good placement and design.
Click Here for more information on Banner Advertising.
Get your prospects to perform an action on your site
Often websites just focus on giving people the information or offers – then wait for them to act (either call them or complete an online form etc). Now you can do more… every site should think about not only its purpose, but also the action you want the site viewer to take and provide multiple vehicles to do this. For instance:
- They could direct contact you through Phone, online calling, Online texting service, online form etc
- Your site could assist them in the sales process with an online ordering process
- You could interact with them so they sold themselves through an online diagnostic (questionnaire that did self evaluations)
- you could capture their details to follow up with some email marketing, through offering a free copy of an ebook, or voucher etc; or getting them to enter a competition to win a prize; or encourage them to attend an event (eg. workshop or seminar) etc
Get your clients to return
Your website is a powerful entity to enable your clients to understand more about your business, your full range of products and to keep your business top of mind. The question is what will encourage people back to your site… here are some suggestions:
- Gather their email details, then:
- Send out regular informative newsletters with a short intro to your stories, that leads them to your site (with one click) to the full article
- Produce some direct mailers to go out to your database with an offer, that directs them to the site to gain value, ‘find out more’
- send them a fun e-card
- Invite them to an event
- Promote areas that are ever changing to encourage people to bookmark your site and visit regularly.
- ever changing content
- reguarly updated resource area
- monthly offers
- fun polls
- tips, quotes
- send a message
- photo gallery etc